The 2023 Edinburgh Tartan Army Annual General Meeting was held in the Queensberry Bowling Club on Saturday 4th February 2023. As per usual a cracking night was had by all, post meeting entertainment was a very successfull Race Night that raised over £1,200 for club funds. Lots of winners, a few losers, lots of great laughs and probably a few sore heads in the morning especially for a few of us that edned up back in the Chairman’s house til the wee small hours. Thanks to everyone that attended and contributed to a great evening.
Headlines from the AGM were as follows:
- Frazer Henderson replaced Brian Pollard on the committee, thanks to Brizi for all his work on the committee over the last few years, especially on social events and the switch to the Beechwood.
- Monthly subs will be increased to £5 – members are asked to increase their Standing Order payments before the buses in June otherwise they will have to pay for the bus.
- 3 committee meetings this year will be held on a Sunday with an extended invitation to all members to attend -the first will be a Quiz on Sunday 23rd April in the Mercat at 7.00pm
- Stewart Mackinlay was presented with an award by the Scottish Supporters Assocaition on behalf of the Tartan Army who were voted ‘Best Away Fans’
- The joining fee for the club has been raised to £20.
- A couple of other constitution points were updated to keep in line with current practices, see the CONSTITUTION page for details.
- ETA intend to enter football and walking football teams in the ATAC 7s in Dumfries on Sunday 7th May hosted by the Doonhamers TA.
- The bus for the Scotland v Cyprus game will return from the Beechwood Bar at 6pm rather than immediately after the game to allow members to have a post match aperitif and the traffic to disperse.
- Members are invited to suggest alternative venue to the Queensberry Bowling Club for next years AGM, any proposals should include details about the venue and the room for themeeting, what is the capacity and the ability to run a tab for us.